South Central Indiana Housing Opportunities has an immediate opening for Program Assistant to support the implementation of SCIHO’s mission-based program areas, including but not limited to: program development and implementation, grant research and writing, social media and marketing, website content development, affordable housing development, and community outreach. Work will be done under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Director.
The Program Assistant position offers an excellent opportunity for professional experience for a college Junior, Senior, or Graduate student interested in nonprofit management, supporting under-served populations, urban planning, and/or affordable housing.
The Program Assistant will help to increase the capacity of South Central Indiana Housing Opportunities and carry out the organization’s vision and mission. Activities may include:
- Implement Housing4Hoosiers renter resource program areas
- Support SCIHO’s organizational long-term financial sustainability planning
- Develop communications and outreach to raise SCIHO’s visibility in our service area
- Assist with organizing board training/development
- Expand SCIHO’s active service area to counties around Monroe County
Skills And Experience
- Nonprofit knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Experience in communications/social media
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to serve effectively and collaboratively with diverse staff, beneficiaries, and communities and value differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstances
- Capable of working independently and as a team player
- Willingness to learn new skills and share that knowledge with others
- Basic computer skills and computer and internet-based programs for use in communication and record-keeping requirements
Schedule and Compensation
Schedule: Part-time, 12-20 hours per week during regular office hours, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Our office is located at 1007 N Summit St, Bloomington.
Term of Employment:
- Start time: immediately.
- Duration: Spring and Summer 2019. Potential to continue based on funding availability.
About South Central Indiana Housing Opportunities
South Central Indiana Housing Opportunities (SCIHO) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to expanding housing options for low- and moderate-income households in Bloomington, Monroe County, and surrounding counties. Our vision is to build sustainable and inclusive communities that offer diverse housing options for people of all income levels, ages, and abilities.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and short writing sample no later than March 25, 2019 to Deborah Myerson, Executive Director, South Central Indiana Housing Opportunities, email@example.com.