1. Mission-Based Program Development
2. Capacity Building
3. Communications and Marketing
4. Finances and Fundraising
5. Community Outreach and Partnerships
6. Property and Asset Management
Investigating Community Housing Needs
SCIHO has completed a Community Housing Needs Assessment to document the City of Bloomington’s housing needs.
- Housing costs in Monroe County are the highest in Indiana, and demand for low-cost rentals far outstrips supply.
- In Monroe County in 2011-13, there were only 14 rental units affordable and available for every 100 extremely low-income renters–a decrease of 22 percent from 2000.
- Bloomington must build its local capacity to increase the production of affordable housing.