NAP Tax Credits Now Available!
SCIHO is pleased to announce that we have been awarded Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) tax credits to support our development of affordable housing! With NAP tax credits, donors receive a state tax credit equal to 50% of the donation amount. For example, a $250 donation to SCIHO reduces the donor’s state tax by $125.
Credits sell quickly, so don’t delay if you are interested in participating! Click here to learn more.
SCIHO Awarded $500,000 Affordable Housing Program Grant
Investigating Community Housing Needs
SCIHO has completed a Community Housing Needs Assessment to document the City of Bloomington’s housing needs.
- Housing costs in Monroe County are the highest in Indiana, and demand for low-cost rentals far outstrips supply.
- In Monroe County in 2011-13, there were only 14 rental units affordable and available for every 100 extremely low-income renters–a decrease of 22 percent from 2000.
- Bloomington must build its local capacity to increase the production of affordable housing.
As a nonprofit affordable housing developer, SCIHO aims to have a steady pipeline of projects. In 2017, SCIHO is developing its first affordable housing project! This inaugural project, which is targeted for the City of Bloomington, will be new construction of a multifamily rental property.
2017-19 Strategic Plan
1. Affordable Housing Development and Pipeline Development
2. Capacity Building
3. Communications and Marketing
4. Finances and Fundraising
5. Community Outreach and Partnerships
6. Property and Asset Management